HeartMath® is an evidenced-based approach that harnesses the Power of Heart-Brain Communication for improved health, wellness and overall function.
Did you know that stress and negative emotions drain your inner battery emotionally, mentally & physically?
- We can never eliminate stress, anxiety, frustration & anger from our lives – but we CAN learn to manage & reverse the damage from each emotional drain on our bodies and minds
- Remember, it is not the events that do the harm, it is HOW we RESPOND to them.
Statistics Canada also acknowledges the negative health consequences of stress, including heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, as well as immune and circulatory complications. It cites that behaviours such as smoking, over-consumption of alcohol, and less-healthy eating habits are increased with stress.
In 2014, 23.0% of Canadians aged 15 and older (6.7 million people) reported that most days were ‘quite a bit’ or ‘extremely stressful’.” – StatsCan, 2014 Perceived Life Stress
Stress levels were highest among individuals in core working age group from ages 35 to 54 at 30%, who are most likely to be managing multiple responsibilities with their career and family. The effects can also be felt in quality of life where high levels of daily stress were correlated with a lower rate of life satisfaction.
For more information on how stress is affecting Canadians, see Statistics Canada’s Stress and Well-being Report.
Even healthcare providers may not be equipped to teach patients tools for stress reduction with the high levels of stress they face themselves impacting overall health. A Canadian review published in The Lancet summarized: “When physicians are unwell, the performance of health-care systems can be sub-optimum. Physician wellness might not only benefit the individual physician, it could also be vital to the delivery of high-quality health care.” (Wallace, Lemaire & Ghali. “Physician wellness: a missing quality indicator”. 374 (2009) 9702:1714–1721.)
How different would your life be if you could intentionally shift out of tension, anxiety and anger into a relaxed, clear minded state in just seconds?
HeartMath® technology helps you focus a racing mind, achieve emotional balance, reduce stress and a create a more positive emotional state for improved health and well-being.
What is HeartMath®?
- The HeartMath® Institute, an international leader in stress reduction & emotion management has developed a research-based system of scientifically validated tools, techniques, exercises & technology to ensure that our internal states, communications & relationships – those of the heart, brain & other bodily systems are in sync.
- It has conducted studies and published research on a broad range of subjects, including emotional regulation, heart-brain interactions, health & well being, human relationships and optimal performance.
- These studies have dramatically established that the HEART plays a central role in optimizing the body’s cognitive, sensory, hormonal & information processing systems.
- More than 20 years of research shows that our physical systems function more efficiently when achieving this optimal state which the technology assists you to achieve, resulting in emotional stability, mental clarity and improved cognitive function.
- World renowned medical facilities using the same technology: Cleveland Clinic, Walter Reed Military Medical Center, Kaiser Permanente, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, NASA, Stanford University, Scripps Center for Integrative Medicine, and more.
For inquiries about treatment using HeartMath® technology, please contact us.