I love technology! It helps us to improve the ways we do things with added functionality and unprecedented efficiency. In my practice, I have introduced new electronic medical record (EMR) software. It’s an online booking system with an integrated charting program and more. This helps me to deliver even better care and make your treatment plan accessible to you 24/7. Big bonus: it also reduces paper use and saves trees.
I wanted to take a moment to share some info to clarify common questions about this software, SmartND, and respond to anything you are wondering about it at this moment:
- Security – Fully Secured Servers Physically Located In Canada: SmartND is designed with similar cloud security features as major Canadian banks. Additionally, your information is safely and securely stored on Canadian soil, in professionally secured servers located in Toronto and Vancouver. They backup your information every single day, and store archives in both locations in order to prevent any potential loss of data.
- Confidentiality – HIPA (Canada) Compliance: The HIPA legislation guidelines protect the privacy and confidentiality of personal medical records in Canada. SmartND is fully compliant.
- Assistance – Toll-Free & Email Customer Support: SmartND offers toll-free customer support for all users. Call them at 1-888-507-0826 or email at info@SmartND.ca. They would be delighted to help you.
- Service – Patient Portal: The Patient Portal allows you as the patient to log in online and access your upcoming appointments, treatment plans, handouts, and anything else shared with you. See what it looks like here: http://www.smartnd.ca/blog/6-4-patient-treatment-workspace/
- Accessibility – Portable and Responsive: SmartND works on a wide range of devices, from mobile phones to tablets to laptops to desktops. Check your upcoming appointments or treatment plan from anywhere in the world, all you need is an internet connection.
- Always Improving – Feature Requests: A growth mindset is something I highly value and SmartND is always looking to improve. Do you have an idea that you think would be great in SmartND? Please share it with them, as they are constantly developing the service, and your requests motivate them to keep making it better. Keep ‘em coming, they want to hear from you!
I hope this helps to shed some light on any questions or concerns you may have had. If there’s something still on your mind, please get in touch with me or SmartND – we’re always happy to help 🙂