“The way we communicate with others and with ourselves ultimately determines the quality of our lives.” – Anthony Robbins
In Part I, the importance of communication for health and taking an inventory of your current communication. How did you do? Did you hear whispers of fear, not being good enough, uncertainty, and judgement? We all have this inner critic, but we can choose to have a louder empowering inner cheerleader that drowns out the critic and guides us to better health outcomes. Let’s strengthen our inner cheerleader in Part II.
Empowering Communication With Self and Others
Things we can eliminate:
- Victim language
- Language of lack
- Language of fear
- Complaining (or listening to complaining from others)
This includes in our communications with ourselves, loved ones and strangers. Think twice before swearing the next time someone cuts you off in traffic! This will only serve to strengthen your inner critic.
When you create a void by removing something, you must consciously fill it. The space will be filled with something regardless, and it is much better to replace what we eliminate with habits of thinking that result in inspiration and prosperity.
Things we can add:
- Learn new, descriptive vocabulary. New words enrich our ability to express ourselves.
- Empowering language: I choose to do this, I get to do this. This language shows you’re in control and recognizes your choice to do or not do in every situation.
- Abundant language: I can, I do, I have, I am so grateful now that _______. This language acknowledges the resources around us and our ability to take action to achieve our goals.
- Talk about what you are learning, feeling and experiencing in life
- Create positive experiences for yourself and others that you can discuss
- Anything you need to know, you will find out from someone else – others will be your news messengers
- Meditation – simply bring a high-quality question to a moment of quietude
- Start your day with gratitude – write down 12-24 things you are grateful for daily
- Ask yourself – what is one step I can take today in the direction of my goals? Take this step!
- Use a mantra
- Surround yourself with people of passion, purpose and possibility who inspire you
As you intentionally remove things, replace them with new healthier forms of communication that resonate with you the most. Feed your mind with healthier sources of information, stimulating conversation, and cheerful reading. The information you consume has the power to change your whole outlook on your health and life.
7-DAY COMMUNICATION CHALLENGE
Make these changes to your communication for the next 7 days. Once you realize how much of an impact it has on your health and life, you will want to continue 🙂 Keep up the great effort, the results are worth it!